1. We finished our audio section! I really enjoyed working on the dating piece with Bridget. It was fun tricking Erik and Courtney into telling us their sides of the story. And it even resulted in the two of them sort of trying to talk again
2. Tinder is weird wild world of weirdos, I have so many screenshots of the weird messages I’ve gotten I’m considering making a collage.
3. I was home this past weekend and we got a huge snowstorm which trapped me in my house without internet or tv. So I made this.
4. For our own little venture in design I did a troll quote mashing together Meryl Streep, Margaret Thatcher, Hillary Clinton, and Cher Horwitz
5. How Images think response– I really liked these readings, it made me really consider all the various images that we see everyday and the meaning that we are supposed to interpret from them.
Bridget and I figured out a while ago that our friends Courtney and Erik had gone on an awful date together in high school. We decided that it would make for a great piece to hear both sides of the story
My friend Erik is a great guy. He is funny, sweet, tall, and enjoys when I make him popcorn. He talks about this date a lot, and he has gotten very good at telling it. He has learned his lesson about proper etiquette and now always goes to the door.
Me and Erik celebrating this past weekend
Arranging a time to get him to sit him down and talk to me was hard. We are both very busy, and he is often on North Campus( an enginerd).We went on spring break together , part of which included an 18 hour car ride. I had ample time then, but the car did not set the scene I wanted. He was driving and not as animated as he usually is when he tells the story. He had to focus on the road and couldn’t be as expressive with his hands, and I think it lost some of that expressiveness in his voice as well.
So when we got back, our friends were going out for a friends birthday. I got him away from the group for a bit and recorded the story.
He gave me 15 minutes worth of tape. There were a lot more little anecdotes that did not have to exactly do with the date story. It was hard to figure out what to cut out and what to keep since at from his telling, it was all important to the over all story.
Bridget and I worked together to see what pieces of the story matched up and even better, didn’t.We listened to both. Courtney’s portion was recorded in a quiet space, so there was no background noice. Erik’s is loud and sets the scene. We used Garageband to edit after trying for a long time to fiugre out how to audacity. It was much easier, but the file extensions were a bit wonky. Anyway…..here is our final product!
ps we did finally tell them in the end that we recorded the other person